Smart Facts To Consider When Making Your Pool Heating Decision
Sure, we’re proud of all of the technology we’ve incorporated in to the AquaComfort heaters – real innovations like the use of titanium heat exchangers, for example – but the most important thing to us is that our heaters help families enjoy their pools more year after. Here are some important things to consider about pool heating.
- The cost to heat your pool with an AquaComfort pool heater is 80% less than a propane heater and 70% less than a natural gas heater.
- AquaComfort’s unique design allows for smaller breaker sizes this means less money to install. View Specs >
- Because of our low temperature operation AquaComfort heat pumps input 30-40% more heat than similarly sized competitive heat pumps in the critical first and last 30 days of the swimming season, when you need it most. AquaComfort heaters start heating your pool at 40 degrees when most other heat pumps don't start working until the air temperature reaches 52-60 degrees.
- The life expectancy of an AquaComfort heater is nearly twice that of a fossil fuel heater.
- Since 2000, while the efficiency of the average fossil fuel heater (natural gas, propane, oil) has remained constant, the Aqua Comfort heater has improved by 27% in efficiency due to component performance improvements and design improvements.
- The efficiency of fossil fuel heaters decrease over the course of their life expectancy while the efficiency of an AquaComfort heater is constant throughout its life. This means that the operating cost of a gas heater grows every year.
- Adding a small AquaComfort heat pump to an existing gas heater can reduce your pool heating cost by 50% and your carbon footprint by more than 60%.
- The typical gas heater emits 15,000 – 20,000 pounds of CO2 annually. A heat pump pool heater is the environmentally correct pool heating option, reducing your pool heating carbon footprint by nearly 100%.